Summer Foot Tips
This is the time of the year when our feet are frequently exposed to the elements as we wear sandals, flip-flops and are often barefoot. The podiatrists and staff of Foot Healthcare Associates have some summer foot tips to share that can help keep your feet healthy this summer. Keep reading for our best advice.
How to Keep Your Feet Healthy
- Limit walking barefoot as it exposes feet to sunburn, as well as plantar warts, athlete’s foot, ringworm, and other infections and also increases the risk of injury to your feet.
- Wear shoes or flip-flops around the pool, to the beach, in the locker room and even on the carpeting or in the bathroom of your hotel room. This will prevent injuries and limit the likelihood of contracting any bacterial infections.
- Remember to apply sunscreen all over your feet, especially the tops and fronts of ankles. Most importantly, don’t forget to reapply after you’ve been in the water.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This will not only help with overall health but will also minimize any foot swelling caused by the heat.
- Some activities at the beach, lake or river require you to wear different types of footwear. For this reason, you should always pack an extra pair of sneakers or protective water shoes. If your shoes get wet, you should dry them completely before you wear them again. When you allow the shoes to dry, it will prevent bacteria or fungus from growing.
Use these summer foot tips to help keep your feet safe and comfy this summer!
Treatment for Foot Ailments
Injuries happen. So, if you injure your foot or ankle while on an outing, contact one of the best podiatrists in Livonia immediately so we can begin treating your ailment as soon as possible.