Relieve Foot Discomfort During Pregnancy
Women suffering from foot discomfort during pregnancy can find relief with several methods. You can manage swelling of the feet with compression stockings, regular walking, and low-impact exercises. In addition, stretching the calves can help lower discomfort. It is also important for women to regularly drink water and keep hydrated to maintain good health during pregnancy. If needed, podiatrists can treat pregnant women with swollen feet with a variety of methods that are readily available.
What foot problems can arise during pregnancy?
One problem that can occur during pregnancy is over-pronation. This occurs when the arch of the foot flattens and tends to roll inward. This can cause pain and discomfort in a person’s heels while walking or even standing. Another common pregnancy problem is edema, or swelling in the extremities. This often affects the feet during pregnancy, but it tends to occur in the later stages.
How can I keep my feet healthy during pregnancy?
- Wearing orthotics can provide extra support for the feet and help distribute weight evenly.
- Minimize the amount of time spent walking barefoot.
- Wear shoes with good arch support.
- Wear shoes that allow for good circulation to the feet.
- Elevate feet if you experience swelling.
- Massage your feet.
- Get regular, light exercise, such as walking, to promote blood circulation to the feet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the best podiatrists in Brighton. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.